Touch compatible with other Ipod capable electronics?

Reaction score
I really like the Ipod Touch, but need to figure out for sure if it will work with some other electronics I have which control the Ipod. I have an Alpine AV head unit in my car, and a Pioneer AV receiver at home, which both have a full speed Ipod connection to control it. Alpine says they can use the Iphone through their connection, so I'm hoping the new Touch will be the same. The Pioneer receiver is supposed to do photos and videos on the current Ipods (I have only done music). So anyone know about software or compatibility issues? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPhone and Touch have essentially the same software running them, so if Alpine says that it will work with the iPhone, it should most definitely work with the Touch.

Unfortunately, we can't know for sure until the Touch actually comes out later this month and people start testing their accessories with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've seen that the new iPods with video capability will not run video through products made to work with video from previous iPods due to some Apple proprietary chip BS. It's not known if the Touch will have the same problem or not.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the quick replies. I might even just wait until the Touch is out and tried, because I really don't want to spend the $400 on it if it won't do what I want it to do. I could save myself $200 and get a classic if thats the case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.