Run applescript on start-up

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows how I can have, without any kind of input, applescript run and hide itself. I am trying to set up a display at a university on a G4 with OS 9 that will boot a movie on start up and run it. I've written the applescript, but I need to have it be able to run the movie without someone physically pressing "run" and then have the applescript prompt window disappear. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Slugzzz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
On OSX you can open User Accounts in Prefs, display the logon items list and drag icons into it - that might work...?

Reaction score
I recorded this AppleScript by using a movie I downloaded and named movie (because I'm so original) and left on the desktop. But if you put the movie somewhere else, you'd have to supply the pathway in the third line, such as:
select file "movie.mov" of folder "Movies"of folder "Media" of startup disk.

tell application "Finder"
activate
select file "movie.mov"
open selection
end tell
tell application "QuickTime Player"
activate
play movie "movie.mov"
end tell

Save the AppleScript as an application (next to where it says Format), and make sure Never Show Startup Screen is checked. Then place the AppleScript in the Startup Items folder inside the System Folder.

OP
S
Reaction score
I figured it out. I just had to save it as an applet. I was wondering, now, if anyone knows what to add to a script to get the movie to loop itself automatically.. something like
tell application "Full Screen Video Player"
loop

yes, I've tried the above script, and it does not work. Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.