hooks on the AC power brick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
On the AC charger brick for my macbook, there are two little hooks that pop out from two of the corners.

What are these for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
To wrap the cord around. You'll also notice a little clip on the wire like they have on vacuum cleaners.

Reaction score
Hi, first post. Anyway, these are for wrapping any extra wire round if you do not need all the length of it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ahh thats useful, no more untidy cables everywhere when i put it in my laptop bag any more then

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
holy cow. i never noticed that.

neat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
holy cow. i never noticed that.

neat!

You serious? That's the first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the box. Though it took me a little while to figure out how to add in the extension cord :p

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do you guys connect the bring to the wall or do you use the extension?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I usually am somewhere that the short version of the cord is long enough to get to an outlet, plus the little 'plug insert' is less likely to get lost/left behind. Occasionally, however, I'll need the longer extension so I keep it in my notebook bag for just such occasions (along with a mousepad, Mighty Mouse, small spool of CD-Rs, headphones, multifunction memory card reader, MicroSD adapter, iPod connect cable, USB cable, digital camera, and small 8oz flask of scotch in case my Windows machine frustrates me too much at the end of the day ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
do you guys connect the bring to the wall or do you use the extension?

Both. I have the little plug by my computer desk, and the extension cord plugged in at the other end of my room near my bed so I can just unclip the power brick, and clip in the extension cord when I want to watch something in bed.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You serious? That's the first thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the box. Though it took me a little while to figure out how to add in the extension cord :p

totally serious. thought it was just design. and the weird thing is the times i have brought it somewhere and disconnected the extension, i would just use the notch and the part where the thin cable comes out to wrap the thin cable around the block (and carried the clip-on plug in my laptop bag).

side note: i just showed my wife the hooks and told her that i'd just found them due to this thread. her response... "hmmm."
what do you expect from a disenchanted windows user with a hole in the corner of her pavillion laptop from where she dropped it. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
LOL, sucks for your wife's laptop.

I personally use both the brick and the extension cord. I have the cord permanently plugged into the strip beneath my desk. I just swap it in when using the laptop at my desk. When I go to class, I just take the brick since in most places the socket is close enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.