Anyone using the Stealth Plug?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
I'm a guitar player who's been looking for the best way to record quality guitar sounds into Garageband. I've been reading some good reviews about the Stealth Plug - a 1/4 inch to USB interface - that also comes with amp modeling and recording software.

It looks like it's pretty new. And it looks like something I need. However, I'm curious if anyone else out there has been using this device. And if so, what kind of Mac are you using it with? Are you recording with Garageband or a different program?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey there :)

I have no experience with the device you have in your post but I do have (and quite often use) a Line 6 device which acts as a simple input box for guitar (or mic etc) that can record into almost any software.

If you are just looking to lay down a few basic tracks etc then this line 6 box (which like yours includes a LOT of modelling settings etc) coupled with garageband can be a real treat :)
I tend to use my guitar into my amp and then line out from my amp into my line 6 box so it allows me to really set the tone I want!

(for more details of the box look up the details in my signature :))

~~ TS ~~

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks -

I'll check out the Line 6 info.

By the way, are you a Steve Vai fan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Certainly am a steve vai fan bombat67 :D

~~ TS ~~

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:D

I suspected as much. "Tender Surrender" is one my favorite Vai songs.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey there :)

Steve Vai really manages to pack a LOT of soul and passion into the song tendersurrender.

An interesting fact for you:

Every album hes recently released has featured a ballad. Track 7 has always been that song. Check out all his track 7's on his album and you will be amazed. Stuff like TenderSurrender and Lotus Feet are simply amazing!

Oh yeh and on topic, if your just starting out and looking for a cheap soloution for recording, i recommend the line 6 unit :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I had heard that little nugget about Vai's seventh song ballad propensity. Honestly, his ballads can bring tears to my eyes. I've seen him three or four times in concert.

:D And back to the Line Six. Are you using the TonePort UX1 or the UX2? The UX1 looks to be more in my price range. And it looks like it's got plenty of amp modelling choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I personally use the UX2 simply because at the time i did need a slightly more versatile unit.

If your only recording guitar, i recommend the UX-1 it should be perfect for your needs :D

~~ TS ~~

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds good.

:Oops:
Oh, now I just figured out that I asked you a dumb question. I forgot that you listed your equipment under your signature. I'm kind of slow sometimes.

thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey :)

Dont forget once you get your unit to do some recordings for us in the guitar-off thread in the anything goes section of the forums :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
bombat67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

I just browsed through that thread and am looking forward to posting some guitar tidbits. I liked your selection of vids. I'm also a fan of J. Satriani and D. Gilmour. Plus, you've got solid string-bending skills, sir.

It sounded like you were using a live amplifier for your guitar. Did you use the mic sound from the iSight cam?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.