adware and spyware

P

Ph@t-G

G'day ppl,

Just wanna ask around if ppl know anywhere i can download free adware and spyware protection for macs?

Cheers
= )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Ph@t-G said:
G'day ppl,

Just wanna ask around if ppl know anywhere i can download free adware and spyware protection for macs?

Cheers
= )
There really isn't Adware or Spyware for Mac OSX, you see, our OS doesn't allow settngs to be changed without the Admin Password and well, other things were also implemented to where it just doesn't happen. Not to mention all Adware and Spyware is programmed for Windows :)

So you have nothing to worry about.

Are you having problems with your computer though?

OP
P

Ph@t-G

Hey sKad...thanks for that....
and no there isn't any problems with my mac....just that i've been using pcs for so long and the mac i'm using is the first one i bought...so i thought adware/spyware also applies to mac as well...
= )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Just for your information, I bought Aladdin Cleanup and I had never found a spyware on my mac. If you think that your computer is slower when you browse on the internet, just empty the cache of your browser... it seem to help for me!
B.

OP
S

>SHOCK^WAVE<

So that means on my elderly parents I MAC running OS 8.6, know one's inclined to spy cool !!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
>SHOCK^WAVE< said:
So that means on my elderly parents I MAC running OS 8.6, know one's inclined to spy cool !!!!

Nor will you get a virus.

There's what, 10 virus's for old school Macintosh's? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
And 0 (zero) for OS X!

Yippie! Isn't the internet fun when it can't mess with you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Aptmunich said:
And 0 (zero) for OS X!

Yippie! Isn't the internet fun when it can't mess with you?

you beat me to it!

Yeah, it sure is fun when some PC people who hate macs suddenly ask, So what do you use for your virus protection.. and I simply reply in a smug way...nothing....Then comes that blank look on their faces.....MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ApplejustWorks said:
you beat me to it!

Yeah, it sure is fun when some PC people who hate macs suddenly ask, So what do you use for your viri protection.. and I simply reply in a smug way...nothing....Then comes that blank look on their faces.....MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :mac:
this is all true, though pc viruses can cause some small damage on your mac if they get the chance, but most wont, and BTW, theres no such word as viri:mac:muahahahahahaha :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Macman said:
this is all true, though pc viruses can cause some small damage on your mac if they get the chance, but most wont, and BTW, theres no such word as viri:mac:muahahahahahaha :rolleyes:

Very weird.. I think someone corrected me saying "Don't say Viruses, say Viri...Ooh well! Excuse me then...I'm going to correct it now!

:D

EDIT: I didn't use viruses..it didn't fit the context.

Also, I don't believe that a PC virus will do anything at all to a mac, unless in VPC, however I do believe that a Mac can pass on a pc virus..without infecting its self

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Ok Spyware kills PCs because there peices of CRAP and ummm ya thats why I bought a Mac while my Parents defragment there Dell every 2 weeks. MUAHAHAHA. suckas.
Actually I have many Spyware Horror stories I've actually expierenced every version of it....very painful ended up re-installing windows 3 times total on 2 different computers. Then last year I decided I'm tired of PCs sooo I got an ibook and I've never had a problem since....ooo ya and sorry for going REALLY off topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey this post is pretty much dead I think,

(check the date it was first posted and the last post date before yours)
Best not to reply to such old posts as a) the question has usually be answered and b) the problem that the post pertained to might have since been fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
ApplejustWorks said:
Yeah, it sure is fun when some PC people who hate macs suddenly ask, So what do you use for your virus protection.. and I simply reply in a smug way...nothing....Then comes that blank look on their faces.....MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :mac:
Man, this is so true. I was in class working on my iBook, this guy with a windows laptop and obviously a lot of hate for Macs came to sit beside me and started mild-bashing Macs. To be honest, I dont really care when people bash Macs...their stupidity entertains me.

At some point, I asked him: What do you use for Spyware and Virus Protection. Being the huge nerd that he was, he wanted to impress I guess. He started on an elaborate plan on how he protects his PC, runs several checks every day, updates etc etc [I'm an ex-heavy windows user, so that kind of crap doesnt impress me]. I simply told him "See, Macs dont need that. No virusses, no adware, no spyware, maximum protection." and gave him a "F* off now" look after that. Loyalty through stupidity amuses me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Mac OSX is awesome because you can't get viures and spyware on it. YEAH OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
what are youuuu guys talking about macs???
who owns a mac
ONLY n00bs have macs
LOSERS

WHO DUG UP THIS POST????

JOHNINC DONT BE A DIGGER UPPER!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
lol such an old post u were right....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Lol this post has been dug up twice, once in november and once in june, it was origionally started in july.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
mmm. I once got a virus on my old Centris 610!!! I had to reformat the disk.

Never seen any spyware on os 10!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.