Still cannot send Entourage email-have read all threads

Reaction score
I have been unable to send emails for last few days.Have used entourage for several years. I am told smtp server has timed out. I have read all threads here and at entourage and performed all tasks. :
re setting advanced smtp settings to several different port numbers. set to use same settings as incoming mail server; have deleted default mail address and re typed all info. have checked with my provider (comcast).I installed only one app: 1Passwd for filling passwords but uninstalled it this morning to see if this was the culprit-still no luck. For one brief period last night I was able to send single emails (could not Reply All) by checking all bullets in advanced smtp settings except Use Same settings As Incoming instead I re entered my Account ID and Password. On start up today I was no longer able to send. Are there preferences i can trash..? I am on power mac 2Ghz intel core duo with 1 GB memory, OS 10.4.10

OP
S
Reaction score
forgot to add

I am able to send email from a pc with same account settings. Entourage and Mail on the mac both are unable to send.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.