VLC issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Hi, recent switcher -

I downloaded VLC, great - except most of my AVi's / mpegs play OK until I try to fast forward to certain parts, then the video goes crazy (makes the video look like a psychedelic 1990's rave video) before I get loads of error messages.

I've tried this with loads of files now, but it does it with all of them. Is it a bug in VLC, or is my version gimped? Failing that, is there an alternative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I know what you mean - it gets all glitchy for a couple seconds, but then goes back to normal. You can click "Do not display further errors" and the error window should not pop up again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
I honestly think VLC is a great video player. Better than Windows media player, quicktime player or Real Player.
It's what I use to watch all my downloaded Naruto and Bleach. All the others don't even recognize the AVI files.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Even If i click the box (to not display the errors again) it still does if I open another video or quit the app and reload.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.