podcasts go into 'music' not 'podcasts'

Reaction score
So recently I re-installed itunes and now my podcasts are going into my music folder when I sync my iPod and not their Podcasts folder. Even when I download new podcasts, it does this.

In my itunes music library folder on my computer all the podcasts are in their respective folders in the podcasts folder.

I am running windows xp btw.

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
anything?

I did my research but I came up with nothing.
both windows explorer and itunes have my podcasts in the podcast folder/section but not when i sync them to the iPod. (5g 30GB)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
My husband had this problem with his PC, and the solution for him was actually quite simple. He had reloaded his software, and when he did that, the preferences for iTunes defaulted back to the original settings. I had him plug his iPod in, and when the preference panel showed up, I clicked on the Podcasts tab -- it had not been set to download podcasts! So, check your tabs in the preference panel and make sure they are properly checked. Post back if this does not (or does) fix your problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I think they only show up in the podcasts folder thing on the iPod when you are subscribed to it. If you just download it and place it in the library it will act like a regular music file.

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
my preferences are all set up right and I am subscribed. In itunes they are in the podcast folder, but right when they get to the iPod they are all in the music folder.

OP
JeffBookPro
Reaction score
Fixed it.

I used the restore option on iTunes and it downloaded an update. Re-synced my iPod and now all is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.