In summary!

Reaction score
Ive been a PC user all my life, and have now decided to take the giant leap and invest in a mac as soon as Leopard is released.

But theres a couple of things (small, minute, not really important thungs) that i would like to know :)

- Looking at demos, installing, uninstalling programs etc looks like its just a case of drag and drop. is this the case? theres no working out where you want it to go etc,

- Also, I read somewhere that when you want to eject or unplug something, you send it to trash! Is this true? Sounds dodgy to me lol - (but then, what do I know :Smirk: )

- Mighty Mouse - will i get used to this quickly???

- iWork '08 - Should I mess about with the trial for 30 days before commiting myself to buy it. I like the look of it over Office for Mac!!! but I dont know about ease of use etc....

I think thats it for now, sorry about the longness of the post, I just want to make sure I have all queries sorted before I commit to buying. As a student, this is quite a bit of money lol (even though its only basic spec mini im looking at) it will be used for essays, presentations and interenet (as well as online games and msn/ichat)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
In the first question, not sure what you mean, most programs on the Mac install and uninstall by dragging the application icon to the application folder, and then to the trash for uninstall. A few app will have a install and uninstall process, similar to windows.

On the Mac to eject a CD/DVD, or a USB thumb drive, External HD, etc., you drag it to the trash.

Might mouse should not be much of a learning curve, it is a two button mouse essentially.

Iworks may take some time getting used to, certainly playing around with it for a few days will be useful. Neo Office is a free office suite, based on open office, and functions similar to Microsoft Office, and you may feel more at home with Neo Office.

OP
T
Reaction score
most programs on the Mac install and uninstall by dragging the application icon to the application folder, and then to the trash for uninstall. A few app will have a install and uninstall process, similar to windows.

Thats what I meant, Sorry, i didnt phrase it well. It sounds a lot simpler than windows tbh! - which is a good thing!

On the Mac to eject a CD/DVD, or a USB thumb drive, External HD, etc., you drag it to the trash.

Thought that was the case! - Quite an ingenious way!

In RE, to the iWorks 08 I think Ill skip puurchasing it with the computer. Ill play around and make asssumptions based on it. I can get iWork 08 for £40 from play.com with my student disc. Works out cheaper than direct from apple. :)

But ill look into NeoOffic - for me, free is good :) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
When you drag an ejectable device, the trash icon changes to an eject icon. Devices also have an eject icon next to their entry in Finder windows, which I find the easier method - one click rather than dragging around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.