wife deleted all her files wife is freaking way way out

Reaction score
so I do not know all the details but here is the synopsis: She had a friend take her ipod and get it recognized by her mac notebook. her files in her other laptop (non mac) and the Itunes files in the iomega storage disc are now gone and the files in her mac notebook desktop(purchased three months ago)

all of her business is in the files on the mac laptop and they are gone. Her friend is not available either right now.

See what happens when I take a nap?

Also her itunes files are now not located on the mac which recognizes the ipod but the laptop that did recognize her ipod does not and the files are gone (apparently) from the iomega as well. ?
Should we try the boomerang recovery software or is there some other way?/experience out of this?

I told her not to use the mac till I figure something out so that any recoverable files are not lost/written over.

Reaction score
A valuable lession leant here, always, always backup important files. It might be rather time consuming and not as time consuming as recreating hours worth of work.

It seems to be like your wife and friend got in a muddle trying to sync the iPod. I've heard of people loosing music when trying to sync an iPod but never other files. The sync process shouldn't touch non associated files, unless for some reason these files were located in the iTunes library and the directory was deleted.

If the files have been deleted and not moved by accident as is sometimes the case, your only option is data recovery software. If the missing business files are that important I would suggest using a good data recovery company.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.