gimp need x11 but won't install

Reaction score
i am trying to install gimp shop on to a few emacs managed to do that when it tells me i need x11, so i go and get x11 of the mac support site no problems. i then copy it over to the emacs, it then tells me after i get most of the way through the install. that there is apparently newer installed software is already installed, although when trying to run gimp shop it keeps coming up with the same error.

any suggestions please it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
If you are installing in 10.4, you need to install off of your Apple CD rather than the website.

There is a good tutorial on the OpenOffice.org website, you can read it by clicking here.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of Mac OSX is installed on those eMacs? If it's Tiger 10.4, like MacDeac said, you do not download the one from Apple, but put in the Install DVD/CD and when it mounts on the desktop, scroll down to Optional Installs and run that installer. Uncheck everything but X11 and it will install. Then Gimp will run as will Open Office if you ever need that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.