iPhoto '08 importing help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
I'm at a loss here... i upgraded to iPhoto 08, and all of my old photos were in the other iPhoto with no problems. now i can't seem to get anything to import. so as i'm looking around, i find a recommendation to change the file to a TIFF, vice the standard JPEG on my camera. so i open the photo, Save As using TIFF, the image is now 980k, vice 104k from my camera at 1280 res. no biggie... only 9 times more memory needed... but it imports fine.

now i try taking a picture in TIFF, and it takes my camera about 35 seconds to 'record' the image, which comes out at 14.8MEG's. Totally unacceptable.

so is this thing telling me i have to convert everything over to TIFF to get my pictures into iPhoto? and that's the ONLY way i'll get my pictures in??

I'm using a Sony DSC-F707 from 2001. Still a great camera, but this jpg vs tiff thing is really sucking!!!

Help please!!!!!

OP
DaYCEnt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
Nevermind. I rebooted, and now it works... weird...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.