New to mac

Reaction score
I'm a fairly new mac user, so maybe the question I'm about to ask has already been answered. I've been unable to find a solution however, so if you could kindly redirect me or suggest something, I would greatly appreciate it =)

I'm looking for a way to run Windows programs, namely Office 2007 while remaining in OSX. I've read about parallels but from what I understand that takes up hard drive space and I only need to run one or two programs and have no use for running the Windows OS itself. I have boot camp and was was wondering if there was a single program emulator so I can run programs already installed on my Windows boot camp partition.

Thanks for your time,
-Mac Newbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Its called Crossover, but I'm not so sure it will run Office 2007 that well.

But what's wrong with Office 2004 for mac? And have you tried iWork Pages 08? If there's a specific need to run Office 2007, let us know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i have office running inside parallels. Installing windows inside parallels does take up space, but not that much.

You could also try using mac software such as pages from the iWork suit or office for mac etc..

OP
A
Reaction score
I am particularly fond of OneNote, and I purchased Office 2007 ultimate before I got my Mac so I'd like to make use of it. iWork would have . I was waiting for Office 2008 because it was due early third quarter or late second quarter when I purchased my Mac but now it's been delayed and thus, I don't want to buy Office 2004.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If onenote is your only gripe, hows this:
http://flyingmeat.com/voodoopad/

Also check out the products by Omni (Omnigraffle and Omnioutliner). They are also quite good.

OP
A
Reaction score
Those do look like acceptable alternatives, however, in the future should I other programs I would like to be able to use them on OS X namely for compatibility issues and thus, my primary question is still a single program emulator of sorts.

I took a look at crossover and it's looking very promising =D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.