how do I "uninstall" programs?

Reaction score
playing with my new iMAC, I have installed some programs now I want to do away with 'em, so how do I "uninstall" them? just drag to the bin?

OP
J
Reaction score
playing with my new iMAC, I have installed some programs now I want to do away with 'em, so how do I "uninstall" them? just drag to the bin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yep.... just drag them to the Trash.... all set.

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
There are couple of ways you can uninstall.
1) Some applications come with uninstaller. Load the disk image and see if there is a one.
2) AppZapper
3) Drag & Drop all the application data into Trash.
Usually you can find related files in
/Applications
/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences
/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support
/Users/UserName/Library/Widgets (if it is a widget)

OP
J
Reaction score
hmmmm, sad, seems like little orphans are going to plaque my (OSX) system as time goes on and possible slow down this brillant machine unless i follow the above steps or pay $12.95 for AppZapper, hmmm a bit silly, ah well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
just drag them to the trash.... You CAN use AppZapper or AppDelete, etc..... but you certainly don't NEED to. The tiny, tiny, tiny plist files that may be left behind would never amount to enough to slow down your system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Double post? I see this one above in the post list, and it has been answered.

...but yes, just drag them to the recycle bin. Aren't Macs great? :D

Reaction score
Run a search for the name of the app you want to delete, then trash every instance of it you find. But keep the search narrow.

For instance, if you want to delete Acme's Roadrunner 10,000 Pound Anvil game, don't search for Acme. Search for Roadrunner, or you might delete Acme's Falling Grand Piano game, as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.