PC to MAC, Ethernet Transfer...

J

Joeytpg

guys, after searching for a reply on this i didn't find a response that could help me........so maybe you can

How can i transfer my data (stored on my PC) to my MAC, using ethernet.

Some people have recommended me using ethernet to transfer files because it's faster.....i don't know......i just want to transfer my data from PC to Pbook..........can anyone give me tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
If you have the two networked together then you can just drag-n-drop from one machine to the next. Otherwise someone else will have to chime in with other options.

rberry88

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Joeytpg said:

How can i transfer my data (stored on my PC) to my MAC, using ethernet.

Why would you want to transfer the data to your PC's Media Access Control??
pssst....here's a tip...its 'Mac'...not 'MAC'...two totally different things

;) :D

Oh and if you want to get data from your PC to your Mac...try some of Apple's suggestions here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I did this 2 weeks ago. First of all, make sure the two are networked. Then put all the files u want in one folder. Right click, select properties, sharing, and then check the options to share the folder and allow others to modify the folder. Then in ur Mac, goto finder>network> double-click the computer u want to access (the Windows PC) and it will show shared folders u can mount on the Mac. Mount the desired folder, open it and copy all contents. Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.