USB Hubbing... what to attach?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
So, I've got alot more USB items that NEED to be connected to my PB than I have spare ports. Can anyone advise on a) which is best to be plugged into the hub (cheap, but still powered) and b) a really good USB hub that'll work with the PB.

So, I've got

Korg Kaoss Pad KP3 (wall-wart powered, but uses USB for data transfer)
M-Audio MobilePre (bus-powered soundcard. I would have thought to put this on the native bus, but I could be wrong...)
USB mouse
USB software dongle
iPod

Basically, I have one free native port on the PB! Bad times... :Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
After trying a cheap USB port that was supposed to work with my MBP, but ultimately didn't work, I got this Belkin 7-port USB hub from Wal-Mart and it has worked great. It's a good price too, considering it's $50 just about everywhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i have the same one (belkin)and it workds great i have run 2 external harddrives, printer, ipod, and blackberry on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I agree, put the audio box on the built-in port, and everything else on the hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I got a Belkin 4-port hub because it was cheap (£14), and I was getting free shipping on the order anyway since I bought a printer at the same time.

To say I bought it on a whim and at such a low price it's been great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Word of advice: don't use cheap hubs. I got a hub as a part of an electronics kit and tried using that. Sure, it worked - but it was terrible (performance & speed).

Just don't cheap out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.