Ipod touch AND iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g5 2ghz 3gb ram
Hi!

Just wondering how many of you guys with iphones will be getting the ipod touch...im thinking that theres no real point?

Im over in the UK, no iphone yet and my ipod 3g has just died..so tempted by the ipod touch as im desperate for iphone....im thinking should just wait for the iphone and do it right with mail etc. and just myself a nano or a new classic now?

just won £170 so looking for an excuse to spend!

Many Thanks

:)
RiverCottage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
I'm not getting any new iPods, I like my Video.

The Shuffle looks good.

The nano looks horrible and plays video (that's not what the iPod nano is about).

The Classic looks good.

The Touch is a mini-iphone without a bunch of other junk.

^^IMO. :)

Reaction score
Hi!

Just wondering how many of you guys with iphones will be getting the ipod touch...im thinking that theres no real point?

Im over in the UK, no iphone yet and my ipod 3g has just died..so tempted by the ipod touch as im desperate for iphone....im thinking should just wait for the iphone and do it right with mail etc. and just myself a nano or a new classic now?

I'm in the same position as you although I live in the US and my ipod is still alive (though my battery is half what is used to be and doesn't do video).

If I were you- I'd wait because you're probably going to get an iphone WITH 3G in a couple of months.

As for me, I'm still trying to figure out what I should do. My contract with Verizon is up in Janary and I really want a new ipod (with video!) though the iphone and touch only have max of 8 and 16 gigs and my ipod now is 20 so I'd need at least that.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g5 2ghz 3gb ram
Its tricky isnt it!

Iphone is a definate no matter what, so thats a 8gb ipod

but doesnt satisify my immediate urges...no point getting a nano either as would be redundant by the ipod.

Its wierd..when all the shots came up for the nano i hated it thought it fat..but its growing on me....im off on hols soon, the nano seems ideal, not to bothered about getting it scratched etc...i cant imagine being on the beach with touch screen, id worry about it getting mucky, sctratched or harmed in any way!

:)
River

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you really want an iPhone, then there's really no point in wasting your money on the iPod Touch. I believe an iPod Nano should hold you over till the iPhone is released to the other side of the pond.

I personally have an iPhone and find it just ridiculous to buy an iPod Touch. It's like having a crippled version of something I already own, but with a little more memory. What's the point of that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I have an iPhone and I have no desire to get an iPod Touch. The extra storage would be nice, but I like having my iPod and my phone in one.

Reaction score
I don't know... I think this new lineup of ipods makes it more difficult for a consumer to pick one...

Personally, I really want an iphone but I'm not sure about switching from Verizon to AT&T and I really want an ipod (as my battery is half what it was when I first bought it and it doesn't do video).

I'm thinking I could just wait til January and get an iPhone but I'd need at least 20 gigs of storage in it and I'm not sure the iphone will have that much then. What do you guys think?

If not, I may wait and get an ipod classic but if I do that and they come out with an iphone that does like 20 or 30 gigs in the spring of next year I spent like $250 for an ipod I used for 6 months.

THIS IS SO HARD!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
Like a lot of people outside the US (I'm in the UK) I am patiently waiting for the arrival of the iPhone, supposedly due in November (although thusfar no network has been announced). Assuming it's reasonably priced, 3G and hopefully 16GB+(?) I'll be buying one.
In the mean time, I've ordered the 16GB iPod Touch, which the wife will takeover when (and if) I buy an iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Airwalk, there's a high likelihood of a 16GB iPhone being available by January, definitely by next spring. Now you may also see a 32GB iPhone sometime next year, possibly by the Spring (though to be honest, more likely later on)

Reaction score
Airwalk, there's a high likelihood of a 16GB iPhone being available by January, definitely by next spring. Now you may also see a 32GB iPhone sometime next year, possibly by the Spring (though to be honest, more likely later on)

I know, that's what's making my decision so hard! I want something with video and that will hold everything and then some (20+ gigs) and I don't know what to do...

Oh. wait. I just got an idea... I'm thinking I should get the new ipod classic. It does video and it has AT LEAST 80 gigs of storage which is enough. If I wait and get an iphone even if it has like 30 gigs of storage and can get everything on it- I'm not going to be able to take calls while it's hooked up to my compter or home stereo etc. I mean, I could... but it would kind of kill it I feel. I don't know. But then again I may just end up using the iphone for everything anyway....

Hmmmmm.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
im hoping that a 32gb iphone is out by graduation time (mid may) because if it is ill will use my grad money to buy out my sprint contract and then get my iphone and by for a few months of service

Reaction score
im hoping that a 32gb iphone is out by graduation time (mid may) because if it is ill will use my grad money to buy out my sprint contract and then get my iphone and by for a few months of service

dude, seriously. who has sprint? sprint is THE WORST cell provider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not going to be able to take calls while it's hooked up to my compter or home stereo etc. I mean, I could... but it would kind of kill it I feel. I don't know. But then again I may just end up using the iphone for everything anyway....

Hmmmmm.....

Actually, you could just hook up a Bluetooth headset to it and leave it connected to a home stereo. Granted, you can't play music and talk on the phone at the same time, but at least you don't have to get up and pick up the phone. Once you're done with the call, the music starts back up.

Reaction score
yeah, but still... ughh, this is tough! I think I may just wait it out, though thats what I did for this update of iphones and im back to square one of what I should do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I will say I got my iphone this weekend and it is so worth the wait... its probably the best gadget ive owned... one of my faviorate features is the ichat style texting, my biggest dilema i had when i bought the phone was what case should i get....
ipod touch is very nice, but at this stage in the design why bother iphone gives you so much more... itouch ipods were designed for people who wanted the cool technology but couldent afford the monthly bill...

good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 8GB Nano
I will say I got my iphone this weekend and it is
ipod touch is very nice, but at this stage in the design why bother iphone gives you so much more... itouch ipods were designed for people who wanted the cool technology but couldent afford the monthly bill...

good luck

Actually I would argue, the iPod Touch was designed for those that want the iPhone, but want good cell phone reception. So everyone keeps their regular cell phone, and gets the iPod Touch as an iPod.

I would imagine the 'monthly bill' has little to do with the actual decision of whether to get an iPhone.

Reaction score
I agree with nunee. I'm a verizon custome and I've thought about switching to AT&T and when I ask AT&T customers how they like it one of the first things they say is "the customer service is great!" -With Verizon I NEVER have to call customer support. EVER.

I just hope they release an iphone with at least 20 gigs around january when my verizon contract ends...

Reaction score
In all honesty, I rather not get the iPhone now that the touch is out, but who knows.

The touch would be a LOT better if it came with iChat, Mail, and other apps. If there's no word on including Verizon by xmas and the touch includes ichat and mail, i'll be buying the 16gb touch..

Reaction score
In all honesty, I rather not get the iPhone now that the touch is out, but who knows.

The touch would be a LOT better if it came with iChat, Mail, and other apps. If there's no word on including Verizon by xmas and the touch includes ichat and mail, i'll be buying the 16gb touch..

AT&T has a 5 year exclusive contract with Apple for the iphone. Go get your ipod touch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.