Nobody Can Hear Me!

Reaction score
Okay, so I've gone through a couple iPhones now. Both are experiencing the same problem. When I make a call, I can hear the other person completely fine, but they can't hear me. Most people would immediately guess that I just don't have a strong enough signal, but I have at least 2 or 3 bars the entire time. Can anybody think of a solution that could help me fix my problem? Could AT&T do something on their side to help people to be able to hear me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
I'd recommend talking to AT&T about this.

Make sure you don't call them from your iPhone though (okay, fine, cheesy joke) :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
Are you always calling from the same physical location? I have a spot in my house that usually gives me trouble...

OP
T
Reaction score
Are you always calling from the same physical location? I have a spot in my house that usually gives me trouble...

It usually is the same area, but I've had a Cingular/AT&T phone for five years and it wasn't until the past couple weeks that I've had this problem. I would understand if my phone said I had no service or I was unable to hear the other person. Less bars in less places!

Reaction score
It usually is the same area, but I've had a Cingular/AT&T phone for five years and it wasn't until the past couple weeks that I've had this problem. I would understand if my phone said I had no service or I was unable to hear the other person. Less bars in less places!

there could still be a problem with the tower serving your house. Different phones are more prone to certain issues than other phones or certain phones "find" the problems faster than other phones.

Its called 1 way audio, it happens a lot and the usually have to replace a radio in the cell site or fix/replace the amplifier.

but do try driving several miles from your house to get on another tower to see if your problem goes away.

also try calling someone and then try to call them to see which direction the problem is in. Believe it or not, the more detailed info you can give AT&T the quicker they can find the trouble.

power cycling the phone is always good, I would tell yo to remove the battery, but since you have an iphone... that aint happening:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.