Yet another wireless issue

Reaction score
I have a G3 iMac 600MHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.3.9. I recently bought the addlogix Wireless-G USB Network Adapter. I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless G router hardwired to my PC.

I got the wireless adapter to work on my work laptop (XP based). I cannot get it to work with the iMac.

In the wireless utility, it shows "Connected" to my network. Yet when I open Safari, it cannot find the 'net. I suspect this is a setting issue, but I don't even know where to begin.

I'm new to the Mac world. I used one over 10 years ago, but things have changed a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
what does your network preferences tell you in System Preferences?

OP
L
Reaction score
What part are you asking about?

Show: Built-in Ethernet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well, since your trying to go wireless, looking at the built in Ethernet setup isn't going to help. Try looking at the Airport settings. In fact, is Airport even enabled on your machine? Maybe you need to enable it from that same Prefs Pane you just referenced.

OP
L
Reaction score
Okay. I can ping the router. But Safari still does not allow me to go online.

If I try to use "assist" to set up a wireless connection, the "airport" option is shaded.

I installed the wireless utility/driver again, with the same results. For some reason the iMac is not recognizing the driver (apparently). Any suggestions?

OP
L
Reaction score
I got tech support on the phone after 3 days of phone tag. It was a setting issue.DOH!

Working fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.