Oblivion on macbook with some problems

Reaction score
I've installed windows XP via bootcamp and then I installed oblivion to windows. But it have problem so it doesn't start. It says that XP's classic dont send error. Do you now what there is why it doesnt start? I can explain better if you need to it... Thanks to you who are going to help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I doubt you'll get Oblivion to run too well on a MacBook, my Core Duo iMac will only run it with medium/low settings.

M

MacHeadCase

Sorry but knightlie's reply does help: your MacBook video performance is lower than an iMac's. And knightlie was very nice, some of us (me in particular) don't even bother replying to tech questions in here because this is a place to relax and take a break from helping out all the time: there are sub-forums just for your type of question.

Read this sticky to help you select where to ask questions in the future: Not just anything goes in Anything Goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
he is saying that a macbook does not have enough graphical power to run oblivion.

Reaction score
I've gotten Oblivion to run on my macbook using a program called Oldblivion. It doesn't run on high settings, or even medium, so don't expect it to look good, but it's definitely playable on low settings. I have the 2.0 Macbook with 1GB of RAM. I don't know which one you have, but you'll need at least 1GB.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks to you. But MacHeadCase if you dont want to answer somebodys quiestions you dont need to do it. Go to sleep if you want to relax. LoL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks to you. But MacHeadCase if you dont want to answer somebodys quiestions you dont need to do it. Go to sleep if you want to relax. LoL

Charming. *click*, *ignore*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
the guy who has a core duo iMac doesnt even say what graphics it had, some of the 17" imacs had the same built in graphics that the macbook have so saying it wont work is nto necessarily true. I dont know what to do about your error message but like someone said it should run but it just wont look very good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the guy who has a core duo iMac doesnt even say what graphics it had, some of the 17" imacs had the same built in graphics that the macbook have so saying it wont work is nto necessarily true. I dont know what to do about your error message but like someone said it should run but it just wont look very good!

No, I don't think the iMacs have ever had the same graphics as the MacBook.

M

MacHeadCase

oh yes sure... but I think it dont help me very much...

The difference is you already have your mind set up on the answer you want and some of us didn't give it to you: we told you the truth.

Anyway, knightlie has the right idea here. Ciao!

*Click - Ignore*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
oh yes sure... but I think it dont help me very much...

Maybe this will help you.

You have a Macbook. It has integrated graphics. Integrated graphics suck when it comes to games. Oblivion is a game. It is a game that requires a good graphics card simply to run. It need an amazing graphics card to look good. The Macbook's integrated graphics are not amazing. Neither are they good. They suck.

Conclusion: Oblivion will not play on the Macbook because it lacks the power to do so.

If that wasn't clear enough, you are beyond hope. Also, be a bit more respectful of the senior members on this board. And post your question in the right section if you want it answered.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

You have a Macbook. It has integrated graphics. Integrated graphics suck when it comes to games. Oblivion is a game. It is a game that requires a good graphics card simply to run. It need an amazing graphics card to look good. The Macbook's integrated graphics are not amazing. Neither are they good. They suck.

Conclusion: Oblivion will not play on the Macbook because it lacks the power to do so.

If that wasn't clear enough, you are beyond hope. Also, be a bit more respectful of the senior members on this board. And post your question in the right section if you want it answered.

That wasn't very helpful either. The game still won't run on his Macbook

</sarcasm> ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

But why won't Oblivion run on his MacBook?

;D

OP
V
Reaction score
anyway. Now it works. graphics is what is but i can play it. thats is main thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.