Some Problems after 1 Month

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Hey, I recieved my 2.2 GHz MPB about a month ago, and up until last week, I was in love with it. It ran everything smoothly, and I was in awe at the power this thing had. Well, this is how the problems started: I tried to open Garageband and it wouldn't open. So I googled the problem. Someone said that having bad fonts can cause this, and what do you know, I had downloaded a buch of fonts just days before that. So then I tried to delete the fonts. This was bad. I tried to restart. The restart took 10 minutes. I DIDN'T HAVE A DOCK. The words on the screen were in some wierd font. Things were bad. So I called AppleCare. I was on the phone with some guy for an hour, and we ended up doing some thing where I reinstalled, but kept my files? This helped; I got my dock back and the fonts were back to normal. But now I am still having 2-3 minute startup times where they used to take 45 seconds. Shutdown is the same way. Also, I get the beachball much more often, and now my MBP is starting to make faint clicking noises. I really don't know what to do, I wish Apple could give me a new one. I am thinking about going to the apple store, but I don't know what to say to them, because it only makes noises sometimes, and they might say the startup time is normal. This may be, but I want my computer to be like it was 1 month ago. Lightning fast. Any suggestions. Do you think they would give me a new computer?:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
It sounds like you should back up your files and do the reinstall that wipes the system clean!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.