Considering Return, Please Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
hello everyone.
A few weeks ago, I bought a new MBP. I was very happy with it, except for a couple of minor issues. The space bar is slightly warped, and only registers if I strike right in the center, and the thing got really hot. Because I was going off to school, I decided to ignore these issues. But then the problems grew. Recently I noticed that the screen does not close evenly, it is a bit higher on the right side. I have made it a point to close it in the middle to avoid this from happening, but I guess it still did.

A big thing that really bothers me is that Dashboard, Coverflow, and Expose (especially Coverflow) lag. This is a pretty powerful machine to be lagging on such simple tasks. Also, it has been taking a much longer time to restart lately, about a minute vs 20 seconds when I bought it. And something that just started happening tonight was my Mighty Mouse would lose the ability to "click", even though I could still move the pointer around. This is fixed if I turn it off and on, but it has already happened again. And one other thing is that the light on the charger went out, but went back on when I disconnected/reconnected it.

I really do not want to switch back to a PC, but I am really feeling lost. I looked into the logic board issue, but apparently that only really affected the older MBP.

thanks,

chat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Call AppleCare and tell them your problems. Or take it into your local Apple Store. You could get a replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
Are you near an Apple store? You're still under warranty from Apple, and scheduling an appointment with a Genius might be able to shed some light on the issues. If you want to return the machine (if you're still within the return period), there's a small restocking fee.

Before you consider returning it, I'd definitely have them look at it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I agree, get the machine looked at by a genius, or certified apple retailer if you don't have an apple store nearby. You may be able to get a new machine if they can't fix yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.