How robust is an MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Since my 15" MBP was knocked off a stool in the dark last month I have been abit paranoid that it has caused some damage.

Toast Titanium won't work anymore and says there is a hardware error - though I vaguely remember not being able to copy a DVD sometime before the 'accident' so it may not be down to the fall.

All photos from the last month mysteriously vanished much to my anguish, though that could also be down to something else, though god only knows what - I have tried everything from cache to trash to find them but they simply vanished without trace.

Other than that, everything seems normal.

Are Macbooks/Powerbooks designed to withstand minor knocks and falls? I guess it would have fallen about two feet to a hard floor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
there is a way to scan the computer for hardware issues. it involves using the install disc. the mbp has a drop sensor for the HDD so it is probably all set to be honest with you, but I can see where you are coming from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.