incase sleves, are they all so loose?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
incase sleeves, are they all so loose?

Hey everyone,

I did a search before I posted this, but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, some of the posts pertained to macbooks.

Anyways. I was just wondering if all of the incase sleeves are supposed to have "play" in them? I just received one for my birthday from my lady. She purchased it from incase last week, I just got it in my hot little hands tonight because of the labor day weekend slowed the shipping down. Anyways. I put my 12'' powerbook g4 in it (it's the bright green 12'' sleeve) and there was about an 1'' of space in it, I though they were supposed to be more snug, or actually, snug period. But this thing seems to have a bit of play in it.

I used to own an incase sleeve that had handles on it when I was selling my ladies iBook G4, and it was snug as could be. But this one it's loose.

Is this normal? Should I try to wash it on hot and then dry it? I'd hate to ruin it though, should I return it or contact incase? Does anyone else have this sleeve with their 12'' ibooks / powerbooks?

Thanks!

EDIT : well sh00t ! I just put my ibook 12'' in the sleeve and it's snug with the ibook. So it's because of the thinner powerbook chassis that makes it loose on the top. The powerbook is shorter than the ibook. This is kind of a bummer, I really like this sleeve, but I don't like having all this play in it. I'm afraid it will lead to me accidentally dropping my powerbook in the sleeve because of the slippage.

Does anyone thing there is any kind of a resolution? I'd like it to be snug, maybe put some foam along the bottom?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
My incase sleeve fits my MacBook like a glove (very snug), sounds like you might have bought one the wrong size

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope, it's a 12'' and I have a 12'' powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Powerbook and Macbook are different.

I bought one Incase sleeve that said 15" MacBook Pro on it and it is too big for my MBP. Have later found out that it is because it is also made to fit the old Powerbook G4 and that was slightly bigger, although having a 15" screen.

Would not have bought if I would have known that.....

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same here, that's what I've run in to. The 12'' powerbooks are a bit smaller than the ibooks. I cut some foam down, I think that'll work, I'll just need to adhere it to the bottom of the case on the inside, I don't like the little foam, but I'll deal with it I suppose, since they don't make them any tighter + they don't make those sizes anymore either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.