QuarkXpress Guides

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Well, this is the second question about quark in a week from me so as you can tell, im new to this. Anyway what I was wondering was if there is a way to turn of the guide boxes around all of my content and text boxes? I found that you can go to view>guides and that turns them off, but I still want to be able to see the guides that I make... hopefully that makes some sense.

Here is a picture of the boxes I am talking about:
picture1ss8.png

M

MacHeadCase

Ok I'm not sure I understand your question. Usually the guides are green by default while the bounding boxes surrounding an object are black. See the screenies below... The red line you see in the first screenie is the bleed delimitation.

green_guides.png

bounding_box.png

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I'm not sure I understand your question. Usually the guides are green by default while the bounding boxes surrounding an object are black. See the screenies below... The red line you see in the first screenie is the bleed delimitation.

Ok, now that I know the terminology a little better. I want the guides to stay on, but turn the bounding boxes off. I know I can view>guides to toggle both, but I want the guides to stay while the bounding boxes are off.

M

MacHeadCase

Hmm. Doesn't seem like you can. I just had a look at the freebie XPert Tools and there doesn't seem to be anything in there either.

As a sidenote: I call it a bounding box just like in Illustrator (easier that way! LOL) but it could also be a text box and image box delimitation.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm... maybe i just fooled myself into thinking that the schools version did not have the bounding boxes and mine did. thats fine anyway, I have learned to deal with them already. thanks for the help MHC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.