iPod Touch - To buy or not to buy

Reaction score
I love some opinions on the iPod Touch. I'm considering one as I've been thinking about a new iPod and I have really been wanting a palm organizer or some sort. To be able to get it from Mac is a bonus. I will certainly use the wifi. My biggest concern is that I can only get 16GB. I don't own a ton of digital music, but I'd like to grow my library. It would be nice to have mail too--something I suspect they'll include in the next generation. BTW, how long do you think it will be until the 2nd generation comes along?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Anywhere from 3 - 12 months. Does that help? ;)

OP
F
Reaction score
Anywhere from 3 - 12 months. Does that help? ;)

I hate waiting! I don't know. I have a 2GB Nano now which I have filled 75% of the space. I highly doubt I'll keep any videos on the Touch. All I want is some music, a few pics, the ability to view my email (via the web will do), have my contacts handy and keep track of my schedule. 16 GB should do, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
16gb should be more than sufficent if you only have 2gb of music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
My biggest concern is that I can only get 16GB. I don't own a ton of digital music, but I'd like to grow my library.

I think a helpful tip would be to consider how much 16GB can hold. My iTunes is huuuuuge!! but still only takes up 12GB of music, which is 7.2 days of continous tunes!!! Who needs that much hey? There's no chance that all of that music will even get listened to, so just crop the amount of music on the iPod if you manage to fill it.

I'm so excited about the iPod touch. I'm equally as excited about the iPhone, but my phone contract has another 7 months left on it so this is exactly what I was hoping for from Apple. Once again, they have delivered what the people want.

My one concern; once I get an iPhone I hope I don't get too confused with which one's which and answer a call on my iPod touch.

OP
F
Reaction score
I think a helpful tip would be to consider how much 16GB can hold. My iTunes is huuuuuge!! but still only takes up 12GB of music, which is 7.2 days of continous tunes!!! Who needs that much hey? There's no chance that all of that music will even get listened to, so just crop the amount of music on the iPod if you manage to fill it.

You're right -- 3,500 songs is a lot for the average person. What the heck. I'm gonna go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 20" imac 2g ram.
16 gigs is probably not enough for everyone to store their entire collection. but as my collection grows. i realize more and more that i really dont need all this music, especially not on my ipod.

as for videos. i dont really watch videos on my ipod so im not really concerned about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.