Problems with iChat, please help!!

Reaction score
I'm having trouble logging into iChat, it appears i have set up an AIM account on my mac but when i go to log in it says either my username or password is wrong. :Confused: I was told maybe look in my keychain for the password but i don't know how to access that! Please help as this is so frustrating.

Cheers!
Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The reason for looking into the Keychain is to make sure you are using the correct/exact username and password for AIM.

Go to Applications>>> Keychain.

When in Keychain, you'll see a list of any/all stored usernames and passwords.. Look for one labeled "AIM" or similar... double click that... Note he Exact username.... and click "Show Password" toward the bottom... Keychain will ask for your System/Admin password before revealing the AIM password.

Or... you could also just get a new Username from AIM, and use that... be sure to remember the EXACT username and password, or you'll be back in the same situation. :D

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but i tried the first thing you said and it still didnt work despite having the correct info - oh well i've set up a free 60 day .Mac account that works and at the end of that i'll try doing it through AOL.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
shouldnt this be in the applications part of the forum ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.