Airport + MBP

Reaction score
I've searched & searched...I'm not able to connect to the internet.
Spent 3 hours with no success...
Never had a wireless connection let alone a mac. I have a cable modem that is connected to my pc via an ethernet cable. When I setup my mbp, I disconnected the ethernet cable on the pc end & connected it to the back of the airport. I then setup the mbp airport utility. Created names & passwords, wpa etc. However I am still getting a flashing amber light. When I go under Airport Utility > Summary. I am getting 2 errors under the Base Station Status. If I expand on that, the 2 errors listed are "Internet Connection - Your base station does not have a valid IP. Make sure your base station is connected to the broadband modem or local network. " I'm pretty sure the hardware is fully connected. The 2nd error message is "Default Settings - This base station has default settings. You should configure your base station to connect to the internet, secure the wireless network, and provide a base station password" I am pretty sure that if the Internet Connection error message was satisifed, then this error message would go away.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
Have you unplugged the cable modem and the router then replugged them in that order? Cable modems will register one IP, in this case the router but need to be restarted for that to happen.

OP
D
Reaction score
I have done a lot of things in different orders but not the way you've suggested. I will need to give that a try when I get home. I do recall seeing an IP address but when starting Safari I get an error message stating that I'm not connected to the internet. Using the Network Connection asst, I get a message asking me to contact my ISP to obtain an IP address.

OP
D
Reaction score
I finally got it connected but the funny thing is that the airport base station is still blinking amber. As well when I check the airport utility screen it can't find the network I'm connected to but I can still browse the net.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.