Which NEW iPod did/will you purchase?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
I bought the iPhone 4gb model, because I already have an iPod video, and a shuffle.

I really didn't need the iPhone, but I really wanted it. At $299 it was a price I could deal with. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I can see some negative rep coming this way...
but in my hounest opinion there is nothing special about these new ipods
ipod classic, 160?
WHo In the right mind has a 160GB music collection?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The ipod nano is now the size of a brick
and the new ipod shuffle colours are just plain nasty, where did they get there inspiration from? A rasberry bush?

The only one i like is the ipod touch :)
Scroll through your music, however they are having a bit of a joke, over £240 for a bit of equipment with less functionality than my mobile phone, tempting to show off but i think not.

</rant>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i am planning on picking up a 8gb iphone and maybe an ipod classic to hold all my songs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i am going for the touch :p, cuase first i have an old crappy mini. Second its great for movies, and music plus it has wi-fi with full web browsing which is great.

JRV

Reaction score
ipod classic, 160?

and the new ipod shuffle colours are just plain nasty, where did they get there inspiration from? A rasberry bush?

Scroll through your music, however they are having a bit of a joke, over £240 for a bit of equipment with less functionality than my mobile phone, tempting to show off but i think not.

</rant>

I pretty much agree. The new iPod Nanos shouldn't have had video shoved into them. It makes them too big. I thought the whole point of buying a Nano, besides smaller size, was that you didn't need or want video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
ipod classic, 160?
</rant>

Well, some people have several hours of video, (me), so it makes perfect sense. I won't be buying one though because I have an iphone and a 60gb video already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
i imported an 8gb iphone

I am interested in iPod Touch, but i'll hold onto it until a 30GB or bigger version comes out next year.. until then the iphone and it 8gb would be fine!

Reaction score
Went with the 16BG ipod touch...I've been patiently waiting for the new gen ever since I left my 30GB ipod video on an airplane in April!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Ordered a 16GB iPod Touch. I prefer the new Nano over the old ones, but the Nano never really interested me.

Reaction score
I want the iPhone (refurbished 8GB iPhone is only $349! Just $50 more on top of the 8GB Touch), but in addition to the cost, I will be stuck with AT&T $60 per month for at least 2 years (currently very happy on prepaid). That makes the iPhone very expensive! So the next closest thing is the Touch. Alas, it's not coming until the end of the month (I want to play with it first). Maybe the 3G nano too? :D Gosh, they're pokemon in real life! Gotta catch'em all!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
mikeyman, agreed mostly but there are some with quite LARGE music collections! Baggss for one, and I probably have 80 GB or more, but like someone else pointed out, Videos take up even more room!

I love the touch. Just what I was waiting for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
I am hoping my first ipod will be the ipod touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
ipod classic, 160?

</rant>

I have around 30GB of music, but like others said, I would most likely use all that space for videos. I think throwing in entire seasons of TV shows would be awesome.

Oh, and just so you know, the new Nano is actually thinner than the first generation Nano

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
ipod classic, 160?

Many people, apparently - just because you don't doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. And.... nothing special? Oooookay.....

That's patently not true, you need to actually take a look at one. I'd advise looking at the photos on the Apple site, or the new unboxing photos on AppleInsider, which compares the size will all the legacy iPods.

Figured as much...

OT, I'm probably going to get an 80Gb Classic. I can give my Nano as a Christmas present, or put it on eBay. I like the idea of my entire collection on the Classic, and possibly transfer a few TV shows onto it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
I really want a new nano because of the Nike thing. 8GB is good enough for my "current" music collection (the rest of it is stashed on a portable HD). I am still waiting to see if the Touch will be able to work with the Nike+, if so then that will be it for me.

So my vote is nano as of now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
NANO! Video was enough for me :D Getting one next week i think. But i can't decide which color to choose. Im going for teal or black, we'll see.

Reaction score
[rant] to everyone talking ish about the nanos, how many of you have actually handled them in real life? i was in the apple store santa monica last night and let me tell you, they are amazingly small, from the pics online i really thought i would hate them, but i went in, found my way to a black one and i absolutely love it. its so thin, like wafer thin, ontop of that it is very very small with an amazingly crystal clear screen. it really is an amazing little device, so dont talk about how it is until you personally have handled it and dont judge from what you read and see online. [/rant]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.