Am I the only one that hates the new sync process??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
My regular iPod is extremely easy to add music to. I just drag and drop from my iTunes library with no issues.

Now with my Shuffle I have to sync with just one computer, and with my iPhone I have to create a playlist of what I want sync'ed to it.

Why the difference??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hmmm. I've put music on my wife's Shuffle (newer one) from both her and my Macs. I just put it in Manual and clicked CANCEL when the warning came up, then just dragged and dropped. Has something new changed as of late?

I agree about the iPhone though, it seems a bit silly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
check your autosyc prefs. As these could affect the performance and time it takes.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm. I've put music on my wife's Shuffle (newer one) from both her and my Macs. I just put it in Manual and clicked CANCEL when the warning came up, then just dragged and dropped. Has something new changed as of late?

I agree about the iPhone though, it seems a bit silly.

I have it in manual mode, but for some reason it says it's already sync'ed with one computer. So if I want to load music from my MacBook, I have to wipe out everything I loaded from my PowerMac. It's really not a huge deal, but still bothersome.

check your autosyc prefs. As these could affect the performance and time it takes.

Since the first day I got my iPod mini I've always used manual mode on all of my iPods. For some reason the phone just requires me to sync it with a playlist. After a couple days it's not too big of a deal. I just have my iPhone playlist that I update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I save in two different audio formats on my computer so I have two different playlists. I use Apple Lossless so I have the highest quality music playing through my stereo at home. I save all my music for the iPhone in the 128 AAC format to conserve space. 8GB isn't enough space for me so I have to jam pack my iPhone with as much music as it can fit.
An iPhone specific playlist is ideal for me.
-Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have it in manual mode, but for some reason it says it's already sync'ed with one computer. So if I want to load music from my MacBook, I have to wipe out everything I loaded from my PowerMac. It's really not a huge deal, but still bothersome.

Ya, it does that on mine too. Click cancel and load up the music you want. It still shows up in iTunes and still allows me to upload music, it just doesn't associate that iPod with my library.

Reaction score
Does the new itunes still aloow you to be able to drag and drop music onto ipods as long as the ipod is in manual mode??

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya, it does that on mine too. Click cancel and load up the music you want. It still shows up in iTunes and still allows me to upload music, it just doesn't associate that iPod with my library.

Strange, I've tried this on my Mac and my wife's PC and it still doesn't work. If I click cancel when the message comes up, the Shuffle doesn't show up.

Does the new itunes still aloow you to be able to drag and drop music onto ipods as long as the ipod is in manual mode??

Yes.

Reaction score
i do.. it just deleted 10 gigs of music off of my ipod and i didnt have it backed up... its on my touch tho so im waiting for a program to back it up the iphone ones don't

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.