How do you multitask?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
How does everyone multitask on their mac. By this I mean, how do they switch between applications.

1.Expose
2.command+tab and/or command + ~
3. Dock(simply click on the app on the dock to change to that app)
4. Other....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
For me its shift right arrow or left arrow. I use desktop manager so i prtty much have a seperate desktop for each app i have oipen

Reaction score
I had my doubts about expose, but now I like it. However on certain situations, I do still wish for the Windows' taskbar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i love exposé. too many times, i'm on a windows computer and hit f9. then i have to remind myself that windows doesn't have said feature.
although the dock is handy if i want all the windows for a certain app at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Expose + corners > *

Not to mention when you are sitting next to someone who has never seen a Mac before, the usual reaction is "*** was that!"

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Expose + corners > *

Not to mention when you are sitting next to someone who has never seen a Mac before, the usual reaction is "*** was that!"

yh thats why i made it so that i have to hold down command then go to the corner to activate expose

I dont know why but I prefer command tab more..... its just much more faster and easier

Reaction score
I have Expose set to my bottom-right corner, and every day, at least once, on my Windows PC at work I'll put the mouse down there and expect Expose to spring into life. Annoys the crap out of me every time :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'm a big fan of the "Hide" feature. If I'm in an app and I want to keep it open put get rid of the window (iTunes, Mail, Vienna, Transmission... the things I always have open, but only want to interact with every so often); just hit cmd-H and it's gone.

I find I use this more than Exposé or cmd-tab; because with these the other windows are still cluttering up your screen. This way I'm in Safari, Mail beeps at me, I click the icon (I could cmd-tab to this, but I prefer to just click the icon than cycle through every other app to get to mail), read my new mail, hit cmd-H and Safari is my active window again and my workspace only has one window open.

When I do use Exposé is when I have multiple windows open in the same app; then its really the only option (if I know there's only 2 I'll either cmd-~ or just click the other window depending on whether I'm typing or not at that time).

Also it is easier to hit F11 to get to the Desktop and F11 to get back to Safari than it is to hit cmd-H and then go looking for the Safari icon or scroll through cmd-tab to show Safari again.

So really it's a combination. Best tool for the job and all that.

I'm going to be interested to see how I integrate Spaces into my workflow, if at all... won't know until I have it I suppose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD
How does everyone multitask on their mac. By this I mean, how do they switch between applications.

1.Expose
2.command+tab and/or command + ~
3. Dock(simply click on the app on the dock to change to that app)
4. Other....

I generally just use the command + tab to cycle through the programs that I've opened. I think mainly because i am so used to alt tab on a windows computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm a big fan of the "Hide" feature. If I'm in an app and I want to keep it open put get rid of the window (iTunes, Mail, Vienna, Transmission... the things I always have open, but only want to interact with every so often); just hit cmd-H and it's gone.

Agreed! I really use Cmd+H a lot...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I don't know. I find it so satisfying to have all of my windows up at the same time. A simple flick of my finger will let me look at them all at once.

Makes me feel like I'm fully taking advantage of my Mac :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i use windows.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have this nice little App caller "Wraparound" that allows my cursor to continue past the edge of the screen and wrap around to the other side. The upshot is that accessing the dock to multi-task is a lot easier this way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.