bit torrent

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Macbook pro. My only gripe is I like to download various torrents from the net. I use bit tornado on my PC to obtain files from various sites. Are there applications out there for a Mac OS? If so then I think I am totally sold on getting a Macbook Pro in the near future.

How do other apps run on the Macbooks? Are they ever bogged down or are they pretty smooth for the most part?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Uh, yeah. The two most popular are Bit Torrent and Tomato Torrent.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bogged down"....

OP
S
Reaction score
well when I try to run a file on windows sometimes there is major lagg in openning it. My cousin, who owns a Mac, says that since he made the switch everything runs smoothly on the Mac OS.

Also do they offer MS outlook for Macs now as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
yes, to all your questions, dude. The "major lag" in opening stuff or "running things smoothly" probably also has a lot to do with how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have, and how full your hard drive is. But since I have had my Macbook, all my applications still run super fast, whereas by this time with my last Dell desktop, everything was going much slower than when I first bought it. But the Mac is just a much better machine all around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
To give you specific answers to your questions:

1) The Mac version of Outlook is called Entourage. It's very similar to Outlook. There is also a built-in application called Mail which may suit you just fine
2) You can play Windows media formats with QuickTime. You need something called Flip4Mac from Microsoft, available here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I was also recommended VLC as a mac media player for windows media files, and it seems to work fine for me so far. Not sure if it is any better or worse than Flip4Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.