LCD help

Reaction score
I just got my samsung 216bw monitor. I plugged it up to my MBP and right off the bat the monitor was working. The colors just don't seem as vibrant as the lcd on my laptop? Is there any configuration that I need to do to this thing? It came with a driver disk but I believe that those drivers are for windows machines. Any help would be appreciated! This thing really is big, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Check the Samsung site, they have Mac drivers there.

To be honest, I used a Samsung monitor for 3 years and was never really happy with it. I finally bought a new Westinghouse (yes, Westinghouse) monitor and was amazed at how much crisper, cleaner, brighter and more vibrant the display was. Since then I have looked at other computers with Samsung monitors, Windows machines included, and not been impressed. I think they just don't make good monitors.

just my $0.2....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I agree baggss. I have posted a few times about the difference between the 21" Samsung I have and the 21" Viewsonic I have. HUGE difference, and not in the favor of the Samsung!

OP
D
Reaction score
What could the differences be like? Don't tell me this, lol. I just bought this thing and there isn't a return policy from tigerdirect on lcd monitors, lol. How much better is the viewsonic? I have had nothing but good things from samsung in the past with several lcd tvs. I configured the monitor some in the system preferences and it is looking better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
When you look at the same web site or the same photo on both monitors, the Viewsonic looks bright and clear. The Samsung looks just a little "gray" - it is not as bright, not as high contrast and just ...not as good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The same is true with my Westinghouse. It was night and day for quality of the display. I'll NEVER buy a Samsung monitor again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I have a Samsung LCD HDTV and love it. I thought the logical choice was to get a Samsung LCD monitor but I decided not to. I saw too many bad reviews. Sorry to hear about yours. Sorry to hear you bought it at Tiger Direct. Their return policy for monitors so so pathetic. I only shop there if I really need something immediately. You could sell it on Craigslist or eBay and get something else.
-Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hah, I just ordered a Samsung 225BW monitor for my MB. This thread isn't too reassuring :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.