Crazy mouse, help!

Reaction score
When I'm using my mouse (Kensington - a cheap one) the cursor jumps all over the place and sometimes completely disappears. Should I look into getting a new mouse or could something else be up. I have a mac mini, about 6 months old, I'm using a Dell flat screen 20."
Thank you for any input!:Oops:

Reaction score
Have you downloaded a mac driver for your mouse yet?
I think kensington offers mac drivers for their mice?
If you haven't installed a driver yet you might try that. As for good mice:
I love Logitech mice BUT be warned their Mac drivers are pretty much useless and I suggest you purchase Steermouse along with a Logitech mouse.
I personally use the VX Revolution in combination with Steermouse and that is combination that you can't beat that easily:)
For more information just drop by at my blog (I have a contest going on where you can win a Steermouse license also--10 days till the lucky winner is announced).

kuchiki

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay, I downloaded SteerMouse, launched it and I slowed down the cursor. I'll see if that works out.
Thanks so much, I never heard of a mouse driver!
take it easy, mucho gracias!O:)

Reaction score
Okay, I downloaded SteerMouse, launched it and I slowed down the cursor. I'll see if that works out.
Thanks so much, I never heard of a mouse driver!
take it easy, mucho gracias!O:)

You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help:)

kuchiki

OP
D
Reaction score
I went ahead and did the opposite; I increased the cursor speed. So far so good. Thanks for the link to the Kensington site, if this doesn't work I'll head over there!
Once again, thank you for your help! I was about to just buy a new mouse :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I think I have (had) the same mouse... I needed a wired mouse, and picked it up at CompUSA for around $16... It's the mouse!!!! It's terrible! Jumps EVERYWHERE... But... I certainly got what I paid for... :D:D

Reaction score
I think I have (had) the same mouse... I needed a wired mouse, and picked it up at CompUSA for around $16... It's the mouse!!!! It's terrible! Jumps EVERYWHERE... But... I certainly got what I paid for... :D:D
;)
I did the same thing with my first mouse.
Bought the cheapest microsoft optical mouse and boy it was a waste of money. Saw a friend of mine who spent half a fortune on Logitech mice and at first laughed at him but after the MS experience went ahead and bought me a Logitech and am happy ever since (windows days, and now with my mac also thanks to steermouse).

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.