Anyone record music on your Mac? Musicians?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
I am looking for a good interface with my Macbook to record guitar, bass, and live shows onto my Macbook.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out GarageBand....I have used Cubase before, and similar softwares.

Wanting to stay in the $200-300 range...but mainly looking for some good suggestions.

Fidelity of the music is important to me, and ease of use...plug n' play style....

I have heard the Firepods are pretty good.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well there's apple's own Logic. There's also Reason for Mac.

I don't know how you can't figure out Garageband though. Its so friendly and its lack of all those fine tuning knobs makes it perfect for a non-technical guy like me. I've recorded some tracks here and there, and they sound perfect (for a home recording).

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
Yeah I am not sure....I have sat down with it and played around could never get it to do anything I thought it was supposed to do...I just need someone to show me how to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Right now recording a demo track for my brother's band. Just plugged into the Line in, selected a new track (Real instrument > No Effects) and pressed record!

Reaction score
Drop into an Apple store if there is one close to you - if you show up at a quiet time, there'll be someone there who can talk you through GB. If you hate it, there are plenty of alternatives.

D

def_ears

I love it. I use the musical typing to record all my own drum tracks, then the bass, then I use synths, and guitar to finish it. It helps that I play all those instruments for real, but a good way to learn GB is to try and imitate actual songs that could be redone in GB. An example would be "Clocks" by Coldplay. Simple beat, simple piano and bass. I can spend literally hours on GB making trance music and house, or rock, all with the software instruments. Pure fun. I used to hate it, but the musical typing makes all the difference in the world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.