bootcamp: XP screen issues

Reaction score
I've got a 13" black Macbook. 2gHz core due, 1GB ram, 80 GB hdd. XP SP2 is running on a FAT32 partition - working fine for the most part. The only issue i have is with the screen. In OSX its perfect, but when running XP, the screen sometimes seems faded and washed out. Also, on rare occasions the screen distorts the colors - everything with become tan or something weird like some obsure photoshop filter, or the screen will flicker bright/dim.

What could be causing the washed out screen? is there a fix for this?

Is the color distortion (a seperate issue) possibly related to the MacBook becoming overheated?

I appreciate any suggestions you guys could throw my way. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Can you calibrate the display for XP? Can you hook it up to an external monitor to see if the problem is still there? If it is, the logic board might need to be replaced. If not, issue is with LCD.

Good luck.

OP
B
Reaction score
Can you calibrate the display for XP? Can you hook it up to an external monitor to see if the problem is still there? If it is, the logic board might need to be replaced. If not, issue is with LCD.

Good luck.

How would i go about calibrating for XP? Will I have to re-calibrate each time I boot into XP or OSX ?

thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.