Thoughts on iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.00Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
Nice, obviously we have been waiting for this since the iPhone has announced but there a few things that mean I won't be buying it yet:

Only 16GB - For pushing it's video abilities in the press, it can't store many, I currently have 50GB of video on my Archos so it would be stepping down really

No Stereo Bluetooth support - I have A2DP headphones for my mobile phone which I used to listen to music with and they are fantastic, having wireless headphones is just so great that I can't go back, Apple should be leading the industry here

The price - Obviously the technology is expensive but £200 for 8GB touch and £230 for 160GB Classic... ouch thats £30 more for 20 times the capacity.

Hope they improve on these points for further generations, the thing looks sweet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The Touch is an expensive 1st Gen product, like the iPhone is, and the price is only going to drop - or more likely remain the same - as the capacity goes up. Early adopters can have a ball with it, but if I were buying one I'd leave it til next summer when the 1st revision comes out.

People are freaking over the iPhone price drop - the Touch will go through a similar process, I suspect.

Reaction score
I jumped at the chance to buy one of the 16 GB touch's yesterday after the media event since I lost my 30Gb ipod video earlier this year...and I am expecting the price to drop eventually and/or more features to be added. While the iphone is not yet available in canada I haven't been all that interested in it since I must have a separate cell phone for business purposes.

My only real concern right now is whether it will be compatible with my desktop speaker unit (Altec Lansing iM3) & car charger that I used with my ipod minis & ipod video. From what the online apple store is showing only a couple of speaker units to be compatible with the ipod touch. Now my previous ipod video wasn't offically compatible with the unit only because there wasn't a suitable dock adaptor but it really wasn't a problem....I just hope I will be able to do the same with the touch!

Reaction score
hmm it looks really nice but only 16gb nah id get a classic with 10x the storage and similar price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.