Delivery times - getting really really peed off now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I ordered a new imac, UK (what seems like years ago) about 3 weeks ago. I keep checking the delivery status, on monday it stated the 4th, i waited in all day - no delivery - got cheesed off and checked my order again - then it changed to the 8th.

If I track the shipment all i get is "the order is currently in transit to the destination" Thats it - since it was shipped, no infor on wether it is in the country or not, has it passed through customs, nothing...
:|

Is there anyone I can call to comfirm it will be the 8th, or do I just have to sit around and hope it might arrive then?

I gotta say, despite apples excellent products I can;t say the same for thier delivery part of the site.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Did you get a tracking number? If so, check the shipping company's web site for delivery schedule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Same here. No detail other than 'in shipment' and delivery is 'on schedule for 5th September'. Today is the 6th. DOH! Have tracking number for no carrier name so tracking number is not a lot of use. Come on Apple - our last order delivery information was far more informative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
you could phone them up and ask the what shipping company they are using. They used TNT with my macbook so you could try putting your tracking number in to there website.

When i ordered my macbook they gave me an estimated delivery date. if this date has changed since they told you then phone up and complain.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Panic over - it has arrived. WOOOO!!!!

Reaction score
So it took them 3 weeks to get around to delivering my new macbook pro, and it went from ( in this week) shanghai, to anchorage, to indianapolis, to memphis, to honolulu, to me on maui....ummmm....why?

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is really strange, I was just suprised that it didn't keep me upto date as much as i'd hoped.
Still, I guess once it leaves the factory it is in the hands of the courierec

Reaction score
So it took them 3 weeks to get around to delivering my new macbook pro, and it went from ( in this week) shanghai, to anchorage, to indianapolis, to memphis, to honolulu, to me on maui....ummmm....why?

Because you ordered normal shipping. It may be worth it to spend the extra money to get it with expedited delivery, I think that is 2-3 days.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had no choice when I ordered by phone, i don't think the UK get that level of service.

Reaction score
Because you ordered normal shipping. It may be worth it to spend the extra money to get it with expedited delivery, I think that is 2-3 days.

Oh.... i wasn't questioning the length of time it took for it to actually get shipped... i was just a bit flabbergasted at the trip it took before it reached me. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
When I ordered my first-generation iPod I experienced a similar issue. When I called Apple they could tell me exactly where it was, but I couldn't see the details online. I believe they shipped it via DHL.

Anyway, I'm glad you got your machine. Just figured I'd chime in to report that it isn't an isolated issue. :)

Reaction score
If your apple has a tracking number that starts with 1Z then it is being sent by UPS, not sure if that’s any help though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"; iMac 27"
iMAC shipping times

Hi guys,

I noticed there are a few posts here similar to mine. My iMAC was shipped God knows from on 29th Aug. The last log on the TNT website is

224xxxxxx details
uw referentie 81x19xxxxx
ophaaldatum 29 Sep 2010
bestemming LONDONDERRY
afgeleverd
getekend door
datum tijd TNT-lokatie status
29 Sep 2010 23:31:00 Eindhoven Shipment In Transit.
29 Sep 2010 17:15:23 Arnhem Hub Shipment In Transit.
29 Sep 2010 17:14:51 Arnhem Hub Shipment Received At Transit
Point.

This is it really. It's 1st OCT today! I called TNT but couldn't tell me about the exact location of my purchase. He confirmed the delivery date is 4th - Monday. How would they know if the system says nothing??

Have a good night everyone!

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"; iMac 27"
Tnt/ups

Same here. No detail other than 'in shipment' and delivery is 'on schedule for 5th September'. Today is the 6th. DOH! Have tracking number for no carrier name so tracking number is not a lot of use. Come on Apple - our last order delivery information was far more informative.

Well, if you've got the tracking number, you must have the carrier name too. Try TNT or UPS websites! ANy of these two really should match :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well, if you've got the tracking number, you must have the carrier name too. Try TNT or UPS websites! ANy of these two really should match :)

I hope that you realize that you're quoting & replying to posts that are 3 YEARS OLD!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.