Fonts and photoshop problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
I work for a graphic design company. I'm currently indexing 1702 fonts, when I open photoshop 7.0 on my powerbook G4 it takes a little longer to load all the fonts (understandable) but it only loads A-D. How can I fix this? Is there a way to select the fonts I want it to load, so I can pre-set a group of fonts before each project prior to opening photoshp?

Thank you, there are alot of fonts I really need to use that have loaded before prior to installing more fonts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
hi there,

i had exactly the same problem, i have about 1500 fonts and when i opened up photoshop it only went up to M. theese were all stored in the fontbook. what i needed to do was get Linotype Xplorer. it is basically a replacement for the font book, it seemed to fix my problem. here is a link.

http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

cheers

OP
stkshftgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
Thanks, I tried linotype Xplorer but it didn't help. still not loading, anything else I can try???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.