iphone 16gb

Reaction score
with the new ipod touch out with a 16gb option, do you think the iphone will soon come with an optional 16gb?

somehow, i think it wont make sense for apple to do so because otherwise, everyone would go straight for the iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
with the new ipod touch out with a 16gb option, do you think the iphone will soon come with an optional 16gb?

somehow, i think it wont make sense for apple to do so because otherwise, everyone would go straight for the iphone.

So? How does that hurt Apple? And besides, I sure wouldn't if it cost more and I'm not interested in AT&T.

OP
S
Reaction score
im just thinking that since the iphone provides every characteristic the ipod touch does and more, no one would choose the ipod touch unless the iphone was significantly more expensive. ie. 100 bucks more expensive maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Well, it is $100 more but really doesn't do much more than have the cellphone part. It's bigger, too. Plus, if you're in contract with someone else, there's the $200 cancellation fee. Or, if AT&T is poor in your area, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's all about timing. Apple still wants to sell as many 8GB iPhones as possible before unveiling as 16GB version. Otherwise the 8GB iPhone will suffer the fate of the 4GB version.

It's not as much about what the people want, it's about what the people want and then only giving it to them when it's most profitable. That's business.

It's funny to see how Apple prices memory differences. For example, with the iPhone the only difference between the two was 4GB of flash memory. For that, you paid $100 more. But now we see that they are only charging $50 more for that same memory boost in the iPod Nano. Interesting, huh? I guess we can see why Apple decided to ditch the 4GB iPhone: 1. it's wasn't selling as well and 2. the 8GB is much more profitable, even considering the price drops, which still have a $100 difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Interesting, but at the same time, they're very different products in very different price ranges. So I'm sure apple had to limit the price increase to keep the 8GB nano competitive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The iPhone has MUCH more than just a cellphone ahead of the Touch.

Let me count the ways:

CELLPHONE
CAMERA
EMAIL

Maps Widget
Stocks Widget
Weather Widget
Notes Widget
Internal SPEAKER
Internal MIC
BLUETOOTH

I was originally planning on getting the new iPod (Touch) IF it had wifi... but to me, the release really just sold me on the iPhone.

Now... I just need to get out of my Sprint contract. I also need to get over the lack of "3G" ... or wait for 2.0 ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Let me count the ways:

CELLPHONE
CAMERA
EMAIL

Maps Widget
Stocks Widget
Weather Widget
Notes Widget
Internal SPEAKER
Internal MIC
BLUETOOTH

I was originally planning on getting the new iPod (Touch) IF it had wifi... but to me, the release really just sold me on the iPhone.

Now... I just need to get out of my Sprint contract. I also need to get over the lack of "3G" ... or wait for 2.0 ;D

Well, the cellphone and camera I can see making a tangible difference. The email and widgets will probably be a non-issue in the near future, aside from the fact that you can do all of that in safari. And there's not much point to me to have bluetooth/mic/speaker in a phone-less ipod. Maybe to take voice notes I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Well, the cellphone and camera I can see making a tangible difference. The email and widgets will probably be a non-issue in the near future, aside from the fact that you can do all of that in safari. And there's not much point to me to have bluetooth/mic/speaker in a phone-less ipod. Maybe to take voice notes I guess.

For me... Voice notes would be nice.. How about listening to music in the office without the earbuds... bluetooth... the possibility of listening to music through bluetooth headphones... send files... sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

Let me count the ways:

BLUETOOTH[/B]

You might have to take this one off the list soon. Check this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
For me... Voice notes would be nice.. How about listening to music in the office without the earbuds... bluetooth... the possibility of listening to music through bluetooth headphones... send files... sync?

Doubt the masses care about bluetooth headphones or synching over bluetooth. Listening to music via internal speaker? No thanks. I got speakers in the office for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You might have to take this one off the list soon. Check this

Scroll down...

Update 2: Ah, sorry to bum y'all out, we just heard that Apple didn't actually include Bluetooth in the touch, meaning the screen shown above isn't entirely accurate. We'll let you know if we hear more.

Having Bluetooth appear would be a plus... BUT I don't see any Speakers, Mic's, Camera, etc. "hidden" in any of the iPod Touch pictures released by Apple.

Don't get me wrong... I like the Touch, but for an extra $100, to have a Cellphone, Camera, Bluetooth (for sure:D), Mail, etc... My vote has to go to the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Doubt the masses care about bluetooth headphones or synching over bluetooth.

I personally would not be buying one for the "masses"... It's for me. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I'm sure a 16gb/3G iPhone is imminent, it's just a matter of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well as far as I know (and think) web based email should still work on the ipod touch. So it's not no email on the touch. Just no mail widgit thingy like the iphone has. And personally I always liked gmail more than mail. So having mail doesn't bother me as I never use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Riddle me this Batman... with OS X Leopard coming out in October and iPhone being a version of OS X, I wonder what (if any) new features will come to the current iPhones in October, and what ones will get shelved until the next gen 2.0 iPhone hardware update comes out. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Well as far as I know (and think) web based email should still work on the ipod touch. So it's not no email on the touch. Just no mail widgit thingy like the iphone has. And personally I always liked gmail more than mail. So having mail doesn't bother me as I never use it.

Yes, Gmail IS great!!! I love it. I'd really like to be able to receive my Business (not gmail) email while connected to the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
I use gmail as well....but it would be nice to have the mail app and configure it for POP.

as far as buisness email..you should be able to configure the mail app for IMAP and download that way (that is if your buisness email supports it)

Reaction score
16GB iPhone is expected. There is still 2008, so I'm sure Apple is saving it for 2008 (when presumably more flash memory would be in production and cost lower). I mean the new iMac is already announced, and Leopard in October, so what do you think they will announce at Macworld 08? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.