Is Ipod Touch the next PDA?

Reaction score
Hey! big question for those of you with info out there.
I'm a big fan of multimedia devices, and was wondering if the NEW AND IMPROVED ipod (ipod touch) will just be an 300 penny 8gb video ipod :Angry: or will they utilize the full potential of the ipod T and allow (*edit) multimedia apps and third party support?

I know that's a lot to ask, but i have a 4yo palm p i've been dying to replace for 2 years now, simply because the mass market support isn't there.

Love to hear what you think.
thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
Im hoping that some of the iphone hacks will be transferable. (is that a word?) and that we will get some extras through that aswell. ide love IM and NES through my ipod touch.

Even if it isnt allowed, it probably will happen with abit of work, providing they havnt changed the "OSX" thats on it to much from the iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The reason I don't need the Touch is I have a Palm PDA that does everything and more the Touch does, but it does it better. It's a great bit of kit, but I wouldn't replace my Palm with it.

Reaction score
I currently own a Palm Treo, and as much as I love the iPhone in theory, it has a long way to go before I can use it as my PDA. Third party apps, and not just "hacks" being one of the things it really needs. There are some programs I use on my Treo (for example, SplashMoney) that I'd really need before I can think about adopting the iPhone as my PDA.

That's why I'm kind of waiting another year or so before I make a decision. Maybe the iPhone 2.0 will solve some of my issues.

AJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
What it needs is a version of XCode that will compile to iPhone/Touch applets, like a Java VM. That way we get cool apps for them which run in a secure environment on the device, and everyone's happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.