iPod video on iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, Xserve, iPod, unlocked iPhone
Shouldn't iPod and iPhone be somewhat compatible? I copied a video from my iPod to my iPhone but it doesn't show good on my iPhone. When I view it on my iPhone the picture is distorted with odd colors on the right side.

Anyone have some insight? Is my iPhone broken?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i would say cause the screen on the video ipod is one inch smaller and the res is much less then an iphone, so if you have the video formated for the vid ipod its gonna be streched and look bad on the iphone. that could be it but if u have its full res that shouldn't be it......

my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Try exporting the video using Handbrake 0.9 (freeware). It has a setting specifically for iPhone (and iPod) and they are different aspect ratios. The iPhone is actually lower than the iPod.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try exporting the video using Handbrake 0.9 (freeware). It has a setting specifically for iPhone (and iPod) and they are different aspect ratios. The iPhone is actually lower than the iPod.

Thanks, I tried using that but it kept shutting down in the middle of converting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Odd. Maybe you need to use Mac the Ripper (depending on the media type) to strip out zero cells and the like? Did you try to convert using iMovie 08? I have used it successfully on VIDEO_TS folders and it works well on iPhone conversion.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have ripped movies to my computer. How do I convert it to iPhone file using iMovie 08?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can rip the file to your Mac with Handbrake, Fast DVD Copy, MAc the Ripper, etc... and then send it to iTunes like any other video. iTunes should optimize it for your phone when sending it. I could be wrong but give it a try.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I started with ripping it with Mac the Ripper but then I was stuck. iMovie doesn't seem to recognize video_ts files.

I was able to solve it though by importing the files to Toast and then exporting it from Toast a m4v file. It took a long time though and then iTunes read it as a TV show. Very lengthy process. I am looking for something easier and faster.

I know CloneDVD can do the job on a PC....really good actually. However, I don't have a license to that software and hope to find something cheaper or even free.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have Quicktime Pro, you can open the iPod movies with it and then export them for the iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.