question about the touch and os x

Reaction score
it says on the apple website that the minimum system requirement for the touch is os 10.4.10. anybody know why this is? the current version of itunes is compatible with os 10.3.9. as a 10.3.9 user myself, i am strongly considering getting a touch, but was planning to wait until leopard to upgrade my operating system. anybody know if i will be completely unable to get music/movies/etc. onto the touch until i upgrade to leopard? cuz i am dying to get this thing, but i'm not gonna dish out $130 to buy tiger to use it for like a month so the touch works. any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i say just wait for leopard to get the touch. i'm sure you can wait a month:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Actually, if you read the tech specs it says the touch requires iTunes 7.4, which is yet to be released. The current version is iTunes 7.3.2. obviously the new iTunes will be required for the touch and will require 10.4.10.

Since Leopard is supposedly due in the next 30 to 60 days, and the touch is not yet available (available for pre-order only), you may not have to wait long,if at all. I would not be surprised if iTunes 7.4 ships with Leopard.

The bottom line is, probably not, but who knows. Maybe you can be the guinea pig who will tell us...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That's odd, considering Apple prides itself on making new protucts/software compatible with older hardware/software.

OP
R
Reaction score
Actually, if you read the tech specs it says the touch requires iTunes 7.4, which is yet to be released. The current version is iTunes 7.3.2. obviously the new iTunes will be required for the touch and will require 10.4.10.

well, i'm downloading 7.4 right now. now i'm REALLY confused; make 7.4 compatible with panther but the touch isn't? can anyone shed any light on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My guess is that no one here knows. Try Google.

For whatever reason, they did this. You'll have to wait until you get 10.5 to use the iPod Touch I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.