• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Man im Lucky

C

CaptainMack

ok i ordered a G5 from the apple website before the new line came out. i then heard rumors of the new line and i call apple to ask them about it. the said they could'nt tell me anything but they would give me a $75 discount if i didnt cancel my order. i said ok. then when they anounced the new line of G5's i checked my order status and it said it was not shipped. i called apple and they said sorry and said that they would give me free over night priority shipping on the model equivilent to the model i had previously ordered. so i had the newest G5 sitting on my desk the day after it came out. i am pretty lucky.

ps. Graphite what tropical island do you live on. (if any :D) i used to live on an island caled Kwajalein in the marshall islands. just curious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That is a wonderful Mac story! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Wow nice.. Iv'e heard this numerous times so far, especially with the new LCD's.. very awesome!

OP
M

markceltic

CaptainMack said:
ps. Graphite what tropical island do you live on. (if any :D) i used to live on an island caled Kwajalein in the marshall islands. just curious
Whoa guy you are lucky! Especially having lived there & never got an ICBM on the head :eek:!

OP
C

CaptainMack

i know it was really neat watching the ICBMs coming in. about 3 minutes after they hit we would hear the BOOMS. BTW how do you know about kwajalein. i have barely meet anybody who knows about it. here is a link with info about kwajalein. looking at this site brings back a lot of good memeries

for those of you who dont know ICBM ia an Itercontinental Ballistic Missile.

OP
M

markceltic

I've always enjoyed aviation!There was an old Air& Space magazine that had an article about Kwajalein.I remember a photo of a test MIRV going in at dusk, incredible shot by that photographer!

OP
C

CaptainMack

i have some photos of some ICBMs coming in. if i could only find them i would post them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.