Repair Permissions Trouble

K

klumick

I logged of and logged back on to do my weekly repair disk permissions and crons, and this is what came up when i rtied to repair permissions. I have no idea what this means, please help me out

Picture-11.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I would try restart and hold Apple S for single user terminal and type /sbin/fsck -fy until the **** file system changed **** message stops showing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Your answer is contained in that link above..Although I find it strange that if you delete one file, assuming you only have one mac, you have to reinstall the OS....

I'm new to the Mac platform, is there something to restore in case you delete something like this?

Btw...klumick...I think it might be a good idea to just backup your library folder...just in case!

OP
K

klumick

thanks guys. that link helped alot, ill get all this sorted out, my ibook still barely works due to some huge problems but ill have enough time to copy that to a disk, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.