Mac os x 10.4.6 DVD works with Powerbook G4??

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4 15" with a powerpc cpu. Its about 3 years old. I lost the os install disks that it came with and i need to reinstall the os because i just installed a new harddrive. I bid for the os online (ebay) the other day but I was wondering if im bidding on the right version and if it will work on my powerbook. Its version 10.4.6 and its for powerpc computers.

Here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150156683182&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Will this work on my Powerbook G4??

OP
A
Reaction score
Let me try to make it easier.

What version of Mac OS X Tiger would work on my 3 year old, aluminum 15" powerpc powerbook G4

I know that the different install dvds are very machine specific, and i need to get something that works on my powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Any "version" of OS X will work on your Powerbook. You can either use the install discs for your specific model or get a retail copy. Looking at the eBay listing, that's the retail copy, so you should be just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.