Really loud fan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2GB 160GB OSX
I bought my macbook pro two days ago, and love it. However, after installing bootcamp and windows the fan started cutting in really loudly. I deleted bootcamp and windows (as it wasn't of any use anyway) but the fan still seems to cut in really loudly after about an 1 & 1/2 hours use.

Is it just a coincidence and macbook pros just have very loud fans, or is there something wrong - overheating etc.
thanks

Reaction score
Nah, not overheating. If you notice a grinding sound I'd be concerned. Just your system cooling itself in short bursts. I wouldn't be concerned. You could try installing iStat Pro to monitor temp and smcFanControl to control the fans.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 matte screen 2.2 Ghz C2D 120GB HD NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 128MB SDRAM
The only time Ive ever noticed the fan was when my photo library was imported into Aperture and when I render a large file in Photoshop. Never experienced it with Bootcamp though. Its just a sign that your processor is working (a lot).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.