iSight Issue

TJP

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was searching through these forums for the fix to my problem, but was unable to find it. I searched Google which brought me to the Apple website with suggestions, but that didn't work.

Problem:

Earlier I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime which may have to do with this, but I am unsure. I opened up iMovie and it had said it didn't have the necessary Quicktime components to possibly import video so I went ahead and reinstalled or upgraded it with my disk. When I opened up iMovie after that and tried to import video from my iSight, it said "Camera Busy" "The camera is connected, but its currently being used in another application." So I shut everything else down that was open, even Adium, and tried again. Still didn't work. I restarted, but that wasn't successful, so I went ahead and reinstalled most of the Bundled Programs which didn't help either. When I open the System Profiler it shows the iSight under the USB area, but when I open Image Capture it is telling me there is no device connected.

I just received this Macbook (17" high resolution) Pro about 2-3 weeks ago. It is brand new and I've just encountered this issue.

I've also tried taking out the battery while the A/C adaptor is unplugged, pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then putting everything back in. That didn't work either.

This is really upsetting me due to the fact that it is brand new and I do all of my work (web related) on this laptop and it's having issues now! Any help at all would be very appreciated, I'd hate to have to send this in and if that's what's going to have to happen I am going to pull some Kung-Fu on Apple. Ugh!

Thanks again in advance and hopefully the solution will present itself!

Best Regards,
T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Don't you have a built in iSight on your new MBP?, or are you running an external one?

OP
T

TJP

Reaction score
I do have built in, but have now fixed this. After trying everything I could, I finally decided to go ahead and try a reformat. Wasn't what I would have liked to have done, but it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.