External Monitor Question

Reaction score
Visited the Apple store tonight. I spoke to a Mac genius about the macbook and he kept trying to push the macbook pro. As far as I understand, the midrange macbook should be able to run photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc. just fine (especially if I add another gig of RAM).. what worries me now is whether the computer will run slower when connected to an external monitor (my external monitor runs at 1680x1050. What do you guys think? Have any of you guys had any experience with this? Thanks so much!

..just found this out:
"The maximum resolution supported on "Apple DVI displays" is 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 on VGA displays." What does it mean?

Source: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-core-2-duo-2.16-white-13-mid-2007-specs.html

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
that means that the monitor wont display anything with a higher pixel range. It shouldn't let you set it higher.

But, on windows, for gaming at least, the higher the resolution, the slower the speed(FPS). Because it is drawing/computing more pixels than with a smaller resolution.

I honestly don't know if a macbook will run it fine, i don't own one. It might be a little choppy, but my guess would be that you could get by.

I would spend more and get a Pro, because you can put more mem, and the video card could definitely support the higher resolution. The video chipset on the MB is integrated. Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.