Remote Desktop Sharing on Panther. How?

M

MoltenLava

Ok, this one could turn into a very silly question, but how do I get the remote desktop to work?

I'm trying to use my iBook and PowerBook to access my PowerMac.

In System Preferences / Sharing, I found the checkbox for "Desktop Sharing". Ok, so far so good. But where is the client software? I looked around the Apple website, and they are selling Remote Desktop 10 client pack for $200 or something like that. So do I need to buy license even for peer-to-peer desktop sharing?

I looked at VNC website. They support Windows and Linux, but no Mac. ugh.

I looked at Microsoft website. They have Remote Desktop Client for Mac. But from the description it sounds like their product is for a Mac to access a PC. But does it still work for Mac to Mac desktop sharing?

I have a feeling that it could be much easier than this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need to have the Remote Desktop Program

OP
S

smolz

What about pc to mac? I want to be able to connect to my powermac from my XP machine at work

ped

Reaction score
smolz said:
What about pc to mac? I want to be able to connect to my powermac from my XP machine at work

I'd like to know if there is an X-server type of app for this purpose as well. Going to one of my PCs in the house and having a full-screen version of OS X on it would be nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.